8 Off-the-Grid Escapes Worth the Trek
Collected by Afar Magazine
Sometimes you just need to completely unplug in some of the most stunning surroundings in the world.
Shop No. 23 & 24, Hemis Complex, Upper Tukcha Road, Zangsti, Leh, Jammu and Kashmir 194101
Ladakh, a region in the Indian Himalayas an hour’s flight north of Delhi (elevation: 11,500 feet), became a lot more accessible 10 years ago when Shakti Himalaya started hosting homestays in restored village houses. Their spacious new...
No 110, Al Jabal Al Akhdar, Nizwa 621, Oman
Travelers can now take in the beauty of Oman’s otherworldly desert landscapes from the comfort of Anantara Al Jabal Al Akhdar Resort in the central Al Hajar Mountains. Set on the rim of a massive canyon surrounded by craggy mountains,...
6114 N Scottsdale Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85253, USA
Why we love it: A bungalow-based resort inspired by Frank Lloyd Wright and his beloved Sonoran Desert
- Spacious bungalows full of mid-century style
- Decor from local nonprofit Cattle Track Arts Compound
- Desert-inspired treatments...
- 1 Holiday Travel You Can Now Book the Real-Life “Home Alone” House on Airbnb
- 2 COVID + Travel We Reviewed the CDC-Approved COVID Home Tests for International Travel—Here’s What to Know
- 3 COVID + Travel Biden Announces New Requirements for Travel Amid Omicron Concerns
- 4 European-Style Christmas Markets Right Here in the States
- 5 COVID + Travel New COVID Variant Spurs Cascade of International Travel Bans