8 Off-the-Grid Escapes Worth the Trek
Collected by Afar Magazine
Sometimes you just need to completely unplug in some of the most stunning surroundings in the world.
Shop No. 23 & 24, Hemis Complex, Upper Tukcha Road, Zangsti, Leh, Jammu and Kashmir 194101
Ladakh, a region in the Indian Himalayas an hour’s flight north of Delhi (elevation: 11,500 feet), became a lot more accessible 10 years ago when Shakti Himalaya started hosting homestays in restored village houses. Their spacious new...
Ward no 1 Narayani Nager Palika Chitwan National Park Nepal, Meghauli 44207, Nepal
Set along the banks of the meandering Rapti River in Chitwan National Park, Meghauli Serai, run by Taj Safaris, is a prime spot for viewing more than 550 species of birds and 68 kinds of mammals, including leopards, Royal Bengal tigers, and...
PC 214, Al Mansurah Street, Al Baleed, صلالة 360, Oman
Travelers can now take in the beauty of Oman’s otherworldly desert landscapes from the comfort of Al Baleed Resort Salalah on the southern coast. The white-walled, 136-room resort sits in the shadow of indigo mountains, between a...
No 110, Al Jabal Al Akhdar, Nizwa 621, Oman
Travelers can now take in the beauty of Oman’s otherworldly desert landscapes from the comfort of Anantara Al Jabal Al Akhdar Resort in the central Al Hajar Mountains. Set on the rim of a massive canyon surrounded by craggy mountains,...
6114 N Scottsdale Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85253, USA
Why we love it: A bungalow-based resort inspired by Frank Lloyd Wright and his beloved Sonoran Desert
- Spacious bungalows full of mid-century style
- Decor from local nonprofit Cattle Track Arts Compound
- Desert-inspired treatments...
- 1 Travel News The Real Story Behind Venice’s Newly Crystal-Clear Canals
- 2 Travel News Quarantine. Self-Isolation. Lockdown. Shelter in Place. What’s the Difference?
- 3 Travel News Virtual Museum Tours, Performances, and Tutorials to Keep You (and Your Kids) Entertained at Home
- 4 Air Travel TSA Just Made Some Major Changes to Its Rules Due to Coronavirus
- 5 Travel News What Life Looks Like in Locked-Down Countries