El Wood Bar and Grill now lies in the shadow of Comerica Park on Adams but it was built in 1936 by Charles Noble at the corner of Elizabeth Street and Woodward Avenue. Moved in 1997 to make way for the new Tiger's stadium [Comerica Park] it was and still is downtown Detroit's most recognizable Art Deco diner.
Now, restored following its move, it is the premier place for sports fans, history buffs, couples, singles, and anyone looking for a good time to hang out, on game day, or any day of the year.
Its proximity to Comerica Park and Ford Field (the latter is where the Lions play), also makes it ideal both for pre and post-game enjoyment. A recently expanded menu also makes it a great place not just to drink, but also to eat.