4 Via Vallelunga
Heaven in TuscanyThere is a reason why renting a villa in Tuscany is so popular - rustic farmhouses, rolling hills filled with olive and plum trees, golden sunsets, locally-harvested wine, creamy cheeses, and cool evenings spent with friends and family.
Renting a villa provides a relaxing base for your sightseeing in the region. Almost all Tuscan towns allow easy day trips to the main sights:
- Florence's art and Renaissance history (Duomo, Uffizi Gallery, Michelangelo's David)
- Cortona's steep, narrow streets and medieval walls
- Siena's cultural city center, now a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- San Gimignano's fortified towers set amidst picture-perfect Tuscan hillsides
- Montelpulciano's world-famous wineries and more
This offers the best of both worlds - after a dusty day of sightseeing, you can relax at your villa with a jump in the pool and a glass of wine. Watch the sun go down in a purplish haze, unwind with friends, and enjoy the lovely moment.
I recommend YourTuscany.com, which is where we found Villa Coloniale (above) in the town of Pergine Valdarno. The infinity pool and covered patio are guaranteed to put you in a relaxed, Italian frame of mind!