Where Amsterdammers Eat: Local Favorites
Locals take a casual attitude toward food in the Netherlands. Service is mellow if there at all, but Dutchies don't mind. Unlike Americans, they linger over food at informal joints with high-quality food or grab street snacks like herring, fries smothered in sauce, or brodjes (sandwiches). Many Amsterdammers will claim they've never bought a kroquet at a FEBO, but you'll find them in the wee hours at these coin-operated eateries.
- 1ArtArticleA Look at Ai Weiwei’s Takeover of New York City’s Public Spaces
- 2PeopleArticleCoolest Travel Jobs: What It’s Like to Be a Professional Ghost Hunter
- 3Travel TipsArticle9 Destinations Where You Can Make a Difference this Holiday Season
- 4ArtArticleThere’s a Museum in Vienna That’s Full of Fake Art
- 5Solo TravelArticleHow to Avoid the Dreaded Table for One on Your Next Solo Trip