Tokyo's Top Architecture
Collected by Erin Bogar , AFAR Local Expert
Tokyo combines ultramodern and ancient architecture with elegance and ease.
3-chōme-5-1 Marunouchi, Chiyoda City, Tōkyō-to 100-0005, Japan
7-9 Uguisudanichō, Shibuya-ku, Tōkyō-to 150-0032, Japan
Japanese architects clearly have a thing for spaceships; perhaps it’s the heavy anime/manga influence they’ve been inundated with since childhood, but whatever the reason many buildings in Tokyo abound with sci-fi accents and flair. A neat example...
２丁目-4-8 Daiba, Minato-ku, Tōkyō-to 135-0091, Japan
Tokyo’s modern design and architecture embraces originality. Odaiba houses many of Tokyo’s ultramodern structures most notably Fuji TV Building, resembling an erector set with its steel geometric design and Tokyo Big Sight, reminiscent of an alien...
6-chōme-11-1 Roppongi, Minato City, Tōkyō-to 106-0032, Japan
- 1 Tips + News These Countries Are Open to Travelers With COVID Vaccines
- 2 Tips + News How Can I Get a Vaccine Passport?
- 3 Tips + News When Will We Be Able to Travel to Europe?
- 4 Tips + News Hawaii Outlines Plans for COVID Vaccine Passport
- 5 Museums + Galleries Immersive Van Gogh Digital Art Shows Coming to Nearly 30 U.S. Cities