Museo Cappella Sansevero
This chapel was built as the funerary monument of the noble di Sangro family in 1590, but re-vamped in the 1750s by the eccentric Prince Raimondo who hired the most renowned artists of the day to decorate the building. The most famous of the chapel’s many sculptures is by Giuseppe Sanmartino, whose uncannily realistic Veiled Christ has become one of the city’s best-known works of art.
By Nicky Swallow, AFAR Local Expert
Via de Sanctis Francesco, 19/21, 80134 Napoli NA, Italy
+39 081 551 8470
Wed - Mon 9am - 6:30pm