The Saxon garden facing Marshall Pilsudski Square was among the first public gardens in the world. It was originally created in the 17th century and opened to the public in 1727. The garden is filled with Baroque statues, allegories of the Virtues, the sciences and the elements.
There is also ornamental lake overlooked by a 19th-century water tower in the form of a circular Greek temple. It is ideal spot for having a rest while seeing the city.