The New Downtown: Honolulu
To experience Honolulu like a local, you’ll want to look beyond the iconic beaches and hotels of Waikiki, and zero in on Kakaako, a nine-square-block hub between the Ala Moana and downtown neighborhoods that buzzes with creativity. It’s where Honolulu’s innovative artists, chefs, and entrepreneurs congregate—and embrace a distinctive urban-island spirit. You’ll find it in the streetwear boutiques, the cocktail bars, and the galleries. See how Hawaii’s past and future come together in Kakaako.
- 1Travel TipsArticleIn Sweden, a 72-Hour Cure for All That Ails You
- 2ScottsdaleArticleGet to Know Scottsdale Through its LocalsSponsored by Experience Scottsdale
- 3Weekend GetawaysSlideshow7 Eerie Ghost Towns Across the United States
- 4Travel TipsArticleWhat You Can Do to Help Wine Country Now—and Later
- 5Epic TripsArticleWhy You Should Explore Tokyo with AFAR Experiences