The Best Bars in Belize
Collected by AFAR Editors , AFAR Staff
Order up a cold Belikin poolside overlooking Ambergris Caye, savor a craft cocktail at a celebrity-owned resort, or pull up a chair on the beach and cool off with a local rum concoction.
1657 Laguna Dr, San Pedro, Belize
Tucked in a condo complex just north of the bridge, Coco Loco’s is a cozy little pool and beach bar. On hot days, take advantage of the swim-up bar stools or hang out on the picnic tables closer to the beach. What Coco Loco’s lacks in...
Placencia Sidewalk, Placencia, Belize
You'll know Tipsy Tuna when you see it: the bright pink, purple, blue, and green tables and chairs, the leopard print on the walls, the snarky signs plastered everywhere—even on the ceiling. Only slightly less local than its equally loud neighbor...
36 Coconut Dr, San Pedro, Belize
Head south of town to the tiny beach bar at Mata Rocks Resort. Squirrel’s Nest is a peaceful spot to enjoy a few cocktails while taking in views of Belize’s well-renowned Barrier Reef. For years, I called Mata Rocks my hotel of choice when I...
- 1 Tips + News Spain Plans to Welcome All Global Travelers in June
- 2 Tips + News These Countries Are Open to Vaccinated Travelers
- 3 Tips + News When Will We Be Able to Travel to Europe?
- 4 Tips + News The Real ID Deadline Has Been Extended Again—by a Lot
- 5 Tips + News France to Open to Vaccinated Travelers on June 9