Souvenir Shopping in Munich
Collected by Laurel Robbins , AFAR Local Expert
You know you've always wanted a cuckoo clock, lederhosen, and a 34-ounce beer mug—or maybe just a bag of German cookies—so check out these shops, and take a little piece of hofbräu home with you.
Sendlinger Str. 1, 80331 München, Germany
For funny German souvenirs (like this kitschy cuckoo clock), check out Servus Heimat in the Stadtmuseum. For more upscale collectibles, head to Nymphenburg(Odeonsplatz 1), a 250-year-old traditional porcelain producer that works with such...
Platzl 4A, 80331 München, Germany
Germany's most famous chef, Alfons Schuhbeck, travels the world in search of spices but makes it easy for you at his "Gewürze" (Spice) Shop. Choose from over a hundred well-stocked and fragrant spices from all over the world, on three levels. Be...
Platzl 9, 80331 München, Germany
Germans, especially Bavarians (who are or are not Germans, depending on whom you talk to) love eating their meat and potatoes. While there, I went for a giant joint of pork with kartoffel (potato) salad. Nobody does fresh potato salad better....
Brienner Str. 11, 80333 München, Germany
The Confiserie Cafe Luitpold is known as the "sinful mile" and is the meeting place for sweet connoisseurs in the heart of Munich. Bring the flavors back home with you with a package of cookies, marzipan or chocolates skillfully prepared by chef...
- 1 Tips + News Croatia Joins List of Countries Open to Vaccinated Travelers
- 2 Tips + News How Can I Get a Vaccine Passport?
- 3 Tips + News When Will We Be Able to Travel to Europe?
- 4 Trains Private Room Fares on Amtrak’s Most Scenic Routes Are Heavily Discounted This Summer
- 5 Museums + Galleries Immersive Van Gogh Digital Art Shows Coming to Nearly 30 U.S. Cities