Milan's Best Cafés, Bakeries, Gelato, and Sweets
Collected by Erica Firpo , AFAR Local Expert
Morning, afternoon, or evening, Milan knows how to do caffè culture right. Known as "bars" in Italy, these local spots serve coffee drinks and pastries in the morning, and delicious savory and apertif menus in the afternoons.
Via Cesare Cantù, 3, 20123 Milano MI, Italy
Milan invented the art of bel cafè, the pedicured bar for a delicious morning coffee or afternoon aperitivo. Passerini has a delicious selection of pastries for mornings and afternoons, and is the ideal hideaway for an aperitivo in the city...
Via Monte Napoleone, 8, 20121 Milano MI, Italy
Caffè Cova, Milan's old world pastry shop and original fashion caffe. Its pastries are perfect and more than delicious, but what takes the proverbial cake is the aperitivo and its presentation. Black tie serves cater drinks like Negroni sbagliati...
Via Plinio, 39, 20020 Milano MI, Italy
Bar Basso is one of the oldest cocktail bars in Milan. It's appeared in many films and is a piece of history in the city. It's always been a privileged meeting place for designers, journalists, artists, and writers. Here you can taste the best...
Via Spadari, 9, 20123 Milano MI, Italy
Viale Monte Nero, 46, 20135 Milano MI, Italy
We finally found it! Officine Del Gelato Milano; a modern, absolutely delicious gelato parlor. They had us coming back (three times in one day) until we had tried every flavor—including every kind of gelato popsicle. It was a guilt-free treat and...
- 1 Air Travel Air Travel Is Chaos Right Now—You Can Salvage Your Summer Flight Plans With These Pro Tips
- 2 Cities We Love The World’s Most Livable City Is All About Parks, Music, and Seriously Good Cake
- 3 Safari 3 Great Countries in Africa for Your First Safari
- 4 Tips + News The World’s Happiest Country Is All About Reading, Coffee, and Saunas
- 5 COVID + Travel This Little-Visited Island Nation Is Reopening for the First Time in 2 Years