Iceland's Natural Highlights
Collected by Paul Sullivan , AFAR Local Expert
Experience Iceland's many striking contrasts: steaming hot geysers on a freezing cold day, red houses set against blue waters, and Nordic cool warmed by the northern light.
Rauðisandur, or (Red Sand), is precisely that: a beach with red sand. Endless red sand. Well, not endless, but 10 km is a lot. The magnificent hues of the sand differ with daylight and weather, and the beach is the biggest pearl in a string of...
- 1 Trains Tour the Country by Train for $299 With Amtrak’s USA Rail Pass
- 2 Tips + News France and Denmark Open to Vaccinated Travelers
- 3 Tips + News This New Study Abroad Program for Grown-Ups Is Selling out Fast
- 4 Hotels Airbnb Seeking Candidates to Live Anywhere in the World for a Year
- 5 Tips + News When Will We Be Able to Travel to Europe?