Iceland's Natural Highlights
Collected by Paul Sullivan , AFAR Local Expert
Experience Iceland's many striking contrasts: steaming hot geysers on a freezing cold day, red houses set against blue waters, and Nordic cool warmed by the northern light.
Rauðisandur, or (Red Sand), is precisely that: a beach with red sand. Endless red sand. Well, not endless, but 10 km is a lot. The magnificent hues of the sand differ with daylight and weather, and the beach is the biggest pearl in a string of...
At the beginning of a 4-day, 40-mile trek through the fringes of the Icelandic highlands, we saw these artistic masterpieces. Landmannalaugar. To me, they were the Rainbow Mountains. Majestic. Surreal. Hiking by this beautiful landscape seemed...
- 1 Travel News When Will We Be Able to Travel to Europe?
- 2 Expat Life These Countries Just Made It Easier for Americans to Move and Work Abroad
- 3 Travel News Where Can Americans Travel Right Now?
- 4 Air Travel Should Fliers Wear Goggles and Face Shields on a Plane?
- 5 Travel News Cancun, Los Cabos Reopen to Tourists in June