Iceland's Natural Highlights
Collected by Paul Sullivan , AFAR Local Expert
Experience Iceland's many striking contrasts: steaming hot geysers on a freezing cold day, red houses set against blue waters, and Nordic cool warmed by the northern light.
Rauðisandur, or (Red Sand), is precisely that: a beach with red sand. Endless red sand. Well, not endless, but 10 km is a lot. The magnificent hues of the sand differ with daylight and weather, and the beach is the biggest pearl in a string of...
- 1 Longreads A Very Big Little Country
- 2 Food + Drink 8 Best Hawker Centers in Singapore—and What to Eat There
- 3 COVID + Travel Singapore and Thailand Are Opening to U.S. Travelers—What to Know About Southeast Asia Travel
- 4 Tips + News NYC’s New Observation Deck Is Delightfully Disorienting
- 5 Natural Wonders How to Watch the Orionids and Draconids Meteor Showers in October 2021