6 Caribbean Resorts With Style
Collected by Afar Magazine
You’re a special snowflake—shouldn’t your Caribbean hideaway be unique, too? By Ann Abel. This appeared in the November/December 2015 issue.
The Village Kittitian Hill, Basseterre, St Kitts & Nevis
This eco-friendly property is unlike anywhere else in the Caribbean. A 400-acre working farm built within a sustainable community on Mount Liamuiga, the low-key luxury resort has St. Kitt’s requisite gingerbread trim and banana-plant...
Malliouhana, Long Bay Village 2640, Anguilla
The architecturally striking Malliouhana, which put Anguilla on the map for luxury travelers in 1984, reopened in November 2014 after a major renovation. Everything is lighter and brighter, from the opened-up terraces to the robin’s...
Goldeneye, to be clear, is not an easy place to leave. The land—the former home of Ian Fleming, where he wrote each of the 14 James Bond thrillers that would cement his place in literary and cinematic history—sits next to the tiny...
Paradise Estates, St Thomas' Parish, St Kitts & Nevis
At Paradise Beach Nevis, the seven high-style villas—which come with a concierge, butlers, and room service—are infused with Balinese-inspired elements such as silk cushions, and indoor-outdoor living areas. From $850 for a 2-bedroom villa. By Ann...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Travel News Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Bars + Nightlife The Best Rooftop Bars in Los Angeles