6 Caribbean Resorts With Style
Collected by Afar Magazine
You’re a special snowflake—shouldn’t your Caribbean hideaway be unique, too? By Ann Abel. This appeared in the November/December 2015 issue.
St Kitts & Nevis
This eco-friendly property is unlike anywhere else in the Caribbean. A 400-acre working farm built within a sustainable community on Mount Liamuiga, the low-key luxury resort has St. Kitt’s requisite gingerbread trim and banana-plant...
Malliouhana, Long Bay Village 2640, Anguilla
Located on a craggy cliff jutting between Meads Bay and Turtle Cove Beach, Malliouhana has views of the glittering aquamarine sea that will hypnotize guests from the moment they arrive to its chic porte cochere. The bright, cerulean...
Cabarete, Dominican Republic
At this luxury resort on the Dominican Republic’s lush northern coast, 25 clifftop casitas (one with two bedrooms and 13 with swimming pools) sit 60 feet above a mile-long stretch of Playa Grande. Each one features floor-to-ceiling windows...
Dunmore Street, Dunmore Town, The Bahamas
On an island that’s less than two square miles with fewer than 2,000 people, new hotel openings are bound to cause a stir—as did Bahama House when it launched on Harbour Island in January, 2017. It’s the newest outpostfrom the folks at Eleven...
Race Course, Oracabessa, Jamaica
Goldeneye, to be clear, is not an easy place to leave. The land—the former home of Ian Fleming, where he wrote each of the 14 James Bond thrillers that would cement his place in literary and cinematic history—sits next to the tiny...
- 1 COVID + Travel What Happens if You Get COVID While Traveling Abroad? Let Me Tell You—It Happened to Me
- 2 Air Travel What It Means When You Have “SSSS” on Your Boarding Pass
- 3 COVID + Travel We Reviewed the CDC-Approved COVID Home Tests for International Travel—Here’s What to Know
- 4 Travel Tips These Luggage Shipping Companies Will Get Your Bags to Your Destination Hassle-Free
- 5 Air Travel Free In-Flight Wi-Fi Is the Future (Ugh)