Top Fiji Experiences
Collected by Celeste Brash, AFAR Local Expert
Fiji is made up of more than 300 islands and islets, the majority of which are uninhabited. It's a true tropical paradise, filled with unforgettable sights and people that make a trip to this stunning island nation a dream come true.
Robinson Crusoe Island, Fiji
Take a day trip or dinner cruise to Robinson Crusoe Island, across the bay from Viti Levu and accessible only by boat. Join a daytime cultural or crab-catching tour or rock up for the sunset cruise and see an exhilarating show. As...
Monuriki Island, Fiji
Though it's often called "Tom Hanks Island" because the actor and his adorable volleyball Wilson were stranded on this uninhabited island in the classic film Cast Away, don't expect a feeling of isolation here. Many resorts do day tours to...
- 1 Travel News There Are Two Meteor Showers This Month. Here’s How to Watch Them.
- 2 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 3 Air Travel New Aviation Bill Could Mean Even Smaller Airplane Seats
- 4 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village
- 5 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now