Top Attractions around the Grand Canyon
Collected by Katarina Kovacevic , AFAR Local Expert
Measuring 277 miles long and up to 18 miles wide, the Grand Canyon in Arizona is divided into the North Rim and the South Rim, and has long been an iconic spot for visitors to the Southwestern U.S.
Shoshone Point, Arizona 86023, USA
One of the best-kept secrets along the Grand Canyon’s South Rim, Shoshone Point is an easy and level hike—less than 2.5 miles round-trip. Surrounded by towering pine, oak, and juniper trees, the leisurely trek gains approximately 200...
Grand Canyon Village, AZ 86023, USA
Bringing riders on a journey through the heart of the Grand Canyon since 1901, Grand Canyon Railway takes you from a starting point in Williams, Arizona, to the South Rim and back for a full-day excursion, complete with on-train...
There are a variety of helicopter tour options, and a complete experience depends on which route and company you choose. No matter what, it’s a thrilling ride. Helicopters in the Grand Canyon have permission to fly approximately 1,000...
1500 E Rte 66, Williams, AZ 86046, USA
Spanning approximately 160 acres of ponderosa pines in the Kaibab National Forest, Bearizona Wildlife Park is a walking and drive-through park where you can view North American wildlife—including Rocky Mountain goats, American burros,...
- 1 Air Travel French Bee Just Made It Much Cheaper to Fly to Paris From New York
- 2 Travel News Anthony Bourdain’s Possessions Will Be Auctioned to Fund New Study Abroad Scholarship
- 3 Where to Go in Fall Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Books 15 Amazing Books That Inspire Us to Travel
- 5 Art The Largest Monet Exhibition in 20 Years Is Now Open at 1 U.S. Museum