Top Attractions around the Grand Canyon
Collected by Katarina Kovacevic , AFAR Local Expert
Measuring 277 miles long and up to 18 miles wide, the Grand Canyon in Arizona is divided into the North Rim and the South Rim, and has long been an iconic spot for visitors to the Southwestern U.S.
Shoshone Point, Arizona 86023, USA
One of the best-kept secrets along the Grand Canyon’s South Rim, Shoshone Point is an easy and level hike—less than 2.5 miles round-trip. Surrounded by towering pine, oak, and juniper trees, the leisurely trek gains approximately 200...
Grand Canyon Village, AZ 86023, USA
Bringing riders on a journey through the heart of the Grand Canyon since 1901, Grand Canyon Railway takes you from a starting point in Williams, Arizona, to the South Rim and back for a full-day excursion, complete with on-train...
There are a variety of helicopter tour options, and a complete experience depends on which route and company you choose. No matter what, it’s a thrilling ride. Helicopters in the Grand Canyon have permission to fly approximately 1,000...
1500 E Rte 66, Williams, AZ 86046, USA
Spanning approximately 160 acres of ponderosa pines in the Kaibab National Forest, Bearizona Wildlife Park is a walking and drive-through park where you can view North American wildlife—including Rocky Mountain goats, American burros,...
- 1 Travel News The Real Story Behind Venice’s Newly Crystal-Clear Canals
- 2 Travel News Quarantine. Self-Isolation. Lockdown. Shelter in Place. What’s the Difference?
- 3 Travel News Virtual Museum Tours, Performances, and Tutorials to Keep You (and Your Kids) Entertained at Home
- 4 Air Travel TSA Just Made Some Major Changes to Its Rules Due to Coronavirus
- 5 Travel News What Life Looks Like in Locked-Down Countries