The Best Restaurants in Tahiti
Collected by AFAR Editors , AFAR Staff
Whether served from busy food trucks parked near the harbor or at waterside tables set with candles and white tablecloths, the foods of Tahiti—based on the local bounty of just-caught fish and shellfish, as well as fresh fruit—will be one of your fondest memories of the tropical island.
InterContinental Tahiti Resort & Spa, PK7,5, Faaa 98702, French Polynesia
Part of the InterContinental Resort, Le Lotus, is set in an overwater building and has a romantic vibe with live piano music, candlelight, amazing views and top-notch French and Polynesian cuisine. Make sure to arrive before sunset to watch the...
54-66 Rue Paul Gauguin, Papeete, French Polynesia
The very hungry come to Le Grillardin, on Rue Paul Gauguin near downtown, for very well-prepared, huge portions of foie gras. Yep, in French Polynesia. Of course, there's also excellent seafood, and reasonable prices for Papeete.
- 1 Air Travel United to Suspend These 7 Routes in June
- 2 COVID + Travel What Happens if You Get COVID While Traveling Abroad? Let Me Tell You—It Happened to Me
- 3 COVID + Travel We Reviewed the CDC-Approved COVID Home Tests for International Travel—Here’s What to Know
- 4 Tips + News The Euro Is at $1.05—the Lowest It’s Been in Years
- 5 Health + Wellness After Living, Traveling, and Learning Her Way to 100, Deborah Szekely Has Some Advice for You