The Best Restaurants in Tahiti
Collected by AFAR Editors , AFAR Staff
Whether served from busy food trucks parked near the harbor or at waterside tables set with candles and white tablecloths, the foods of Tahiti—based on the local bounty of just-caught fish and shellfish, as well as fresh fruit—will be one of your fondest memories of the tropical island.
InterContinental Tahiti Resort & Spa, PK7,5, Faaa 98702, French Polynesia
Part of the InterContinental Resort, Le Lotus, is set in an overwater building and has a romantic vibe with live piano music, candlelight, amazing views and top-notch French and Polynesian cuisine. Make sure to arrive before sunset to watch the...
54-66 Rue Paul Gauguin, Papeete, French Polynesia
The very hungry come to Le Grillardin, on Rue Paul Gauguin near downtown, for very well-prepared, huge portions of foie gras. Yep, in French Polynesia. Of course, there's also excellent seafood, and reasonable prices for Papeete.
- 1 Tips + News Europe Finally Lifts U.S. Travel Ban—458 Days Later
- 2 Hotels Airbnb Seeking Candidates to Live Anywhere in the World for a Year
- 3 Tech + Gear The Best Amazon Prime Day Deals for Travelers in 2021
- 4 COVID + Travel Portugal Reopens to U.S. Visitors
- 5 COVID + Travel Spain Has Reopened to Travelers—Here’s Everything You Need to Know