Exploring Los Angeles' Koreatown
Collected by AFAR Traveler, AFAR Contributor
A boozy, bo ssam-y weekend in one of L.A.'s best neighborhoods.
3515 Wilshire Boulevard, 2nd Floor, Los Angeles, CA 90010, USA
As the first boutique hotel in Koreatown, the Line might have been able to get away with cutting a few corners while still attracting a cool clientele. It probably didn’t need to get the hottest young Korean-American chef in L.A. on board...
2301, 3515 Wilshire Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90010, USA
The Line Hotel's bar, called Pot Bar, is a rather elevated version of your standard lobby bar. Try the infused soju, with ingredients like natto and kimchi (salty, savory, spicy). Creative concoctions incorporate ingredients like hops and...
698 Vermont Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90005, USA
All my Koreatown research (aka Jonathan Gold) pointed to Kobawoo as the place to eat bo ssam. On a weekend night at around 8:30pm it was crowded and lively, full of families and groups of friends. Bo ssam is a pork belly dish; the meat is cooked...
239 Vermont Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90004, USA
First, you have to find the right knob... enter the building at the corner of Vermont and 3rd and you'll be faced with a wall of knobs. The challenge is to find the one that opens the door (don't worry, the doorman will help when you flounder)....
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 3 Travel News Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Cruise Serenity Now: These Are the Cruise Lines Going Totally Kid-Free
- 5 Where to Go in Fall 10 Secrets to Doing Oktoberfest Like a Local