Eat Where the Munich Locals Do
Collected by Laurel Robbins , AFAR Local Expert
The menus might not be in English, but the staff can likely help you. Münchners are picky eaters, so if they're suggesting a place, you know it's gotta be good!
Preysingstraße 69, 81667 München, Germany
With a menu based on fresh ingredients, a great staff, and a very family-friendly attitude (and even a hip edge), Preysinggarten is a place to unwind, and bring the kids! A beautiful interior, and even an outdoor play area (spielplatz) for...
Occamstraße 11, 80802 München, Germany
A hip hangout for conscientious locals, The Potting Shed provides a stylish setting for their sustainable dining and drinking. Simple, organic, local, fair trade and fresh. Does it get any better than this? Throw in live music on Thursday nights...
Lilienstraße 6, 81669 München, Germany
For a special dinner head over to the Schweiger2 Restaurant Showroom where, unlike any other place in Munich you'll dine, there is no menu. Instead of ordering just select how many courses you'd like and let the chef know your preferences...
Lilienstraße 51, 81669 München, Germany
Tradition meets innovation at Wirthaus in der Au, where Bavarian specialties are updated for modern tastes—especially the dumplings, which are so popular the restaurant sells its own dumpling cookbook. Open since 1901, and conveniently...
- 1 Longreads A Very Big Little Country
- 2 Air Travel Southwest Canceled One-Third of Its Flights This Weekend—What Went Wrong?
- 3 COVID + Travel Should I Get a COVID-19 Booster Before I Travel?
- 4 Air Travel United Just Added a Ton of New International Flights for 2022
- 5 COVID + Travel We Reviewed the CDC-Approved COVID Home Tests for International Travel—Here’s What to Know