8 Reasons to Visit Dubrovnik
Collected by Matt Long , AFAR Local Expert
The southern city of Dubrovnik in Croatia is the most visited city in the country, and with good reason. As one of the last remaining walled towns in the world, a walk through town is a walk through time and along with the views and weather, Dubrovnik is truly an amazing travel destination.
Ul. od Sigurate 7, 20000, Dubrovnik, Croatia
A city of red-tiled rooftops, pine- and cypress-shaded hills, and sparkling turquoise waters, the Old Town of Dubrovnik stuns with both its architecture and scenery. Its surrounding stone walls, built between the 11th and 13th centuries to protect...
Crijevićeva ul. 9, 20000, Dubrovnik, Croatia
Climb the grand baroque staircase and pass the Jesuit church, cross Gundulić Square, and follow the COLD DRINKS WITH THE MOST BEAUTIFUL VIEW signs. Then, yes, walk through the walls. Buža translates to “a hole-in-the-wall,” and a...
Ulica kralja Petra Krešimira IV, 20000, Dubrovnik, Croatia
In a swift four minutes, the Dubrovnik cable car will deliver you to the top of Mount Srdi for awe-inspiring views of the Old Town and Elaphite Islands. On clear days, you can even see Italy far out on the horizon. Next to the cable-car station is...
- 1 Tips + News Can I Travel Once I’m Vaccinated?
- 2 Cities We Love The World’s 25 Best Cities of 2021
- 3 Natural Wonders Even Volcanologists Are in Awe of Mount Etna’s Latest Eruptions
- 4 Tips + News Does Biden Plan to Implement Domestic Travel Restrictions?
- 5 Cruise These Cruises Are Requiring COVID Vaccinations for All Guests