21 Incomparable Landscapes Around the World
Collected by Nicole Petrak
Some places on the planet are just so beautiful that they blow your mind. From towering red sand dunes in Namibia, to underwater caves in Mexico, to epic rock canyons in the Southwest United States, here are some incomparable landscapes that will take your breath away.
Marble Canyon, AZ 86036, USA
Bordered on the south by its eponymous deep-red cliffs, the national monument is home to broad plateaus, endangered California condors, and some of the oldest petroglyphs in the United States. But the area’s greatest hit is the Wave, a dramatic,...
Nauthólsvegur, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland
Carretera Federal Libre Chetumal- Puerto Juárez Km. 283.5 Ejido Sur, 77712 Playa del Carmen, Q.R., Mexico
Thousands of years ago, the entire Yucatán Peninsula was under water, as evidenced by its massive network of rivers that flow beneath the region’s limestone surface. No place better presents the area’s captivating caverns and...
Imagine yourself looking out onto an uninterrupted horizon for as far as the eye can see. Completely flat and blindingly bright in the sun with over 10,000 square kilometers of uninterrupted landscape. Welcome to the world’s largest salt...
Park Rd, Alaska, USA
Each year, six million–acre Denali National Park and Preserve gets roughly 400,000 visitors, who come in hopes of spotting the park’s own version of the Big Five (grizzly bears, moose, caribou, wolves, and flocks of Dall sheep)...
White Pocket, Arizona 86036, USA
Didn't get your permit to see The Wave? Have no fear. You can have the same experience (some say better) at White Pocket, part of South Coyote Buttes. Although you do need a permit, you don't need to win the lottery to do it and the experience is...
- 1 Air Travel United to Suspend These 7 Routes in June
- 2 COVID + Travel We Reviewed the CDC-Approved COVID Home Tests for International Travel—Here’s What to Know
- 3 Tips + News The Euro Is at $1.05—the Lowest It’s Been in Years
- 4 Health + Wellness After Living, Traveling, and Learning Her Way to 100, Deborah Szekely Has Some Advice for You
- 5 COVID + Travel What Happens if You Get COVID While Traveling Abroad? Let Me Tell You—It Happened to Me