The Best Museums in Washington, D.C.
One of the great pleasures of visiting the nation's capital is exploring the world's largest museum complex: The Smithsonian, whose 20 institutions include the National Air and Space Museum and the National Portrait Gallery. Many conveniently surround the National Mall, and all are free. It's also worth going beyond the beaten path (and crossing the Virginia border) to visit more specialized museums, full of inspiring art and historic artifacts.
- 1 Cities We Love The World’s 25 Best Cities of 2022
- 2 COVID + Travel The New U.S. Entry Rules for Unvaccinated Americans
- 3 COVID + Travel These Hawai‘i, Caribbean, and New York Hotels Now Require Vaccination
- 4 Where to Go in Fall 9 Best Places to Go in November
- 5 COVID + Travel We Reviewed the CDC-Approved COVID Home Tests for International Travel—Here’s What to Know