Day Trips from Mendoza
Collected by Nora Walsh , AFAR Contributor
Rent a car or take a guided tour of Mendoza's surrounding regions. The landscape is unforgettable.
Puente del Inca, Mendoza Province, Argentina
Puente del Inca is a natural bridge located northwest district of Las Cuevas, which has formed over thousands of years by the interaction of extreme temperatures—freezing avalanches and steaming thermal waters. Declared a natural monument, which...
Laguna del Diamante, Mendoza Province, Argentina
One of the most beautiful natural lakes in Mendoza is hidden in San Carlos. The provincial reserve "Laguna del Diamante" is 10,600 feet above sea level with a view of the towering Maipo Volcano. Its name comes from the volcano's diamond-shape...
Mendoza, Capital Department, Mendoza Province, Argentina
One of the most widely sold mineral water brands in Argentina comes from Villavicencio, a private nature reserve located on the way to Uspallata, about an hour from downtown Mendoza. It is a historic route because General San Martin took it on his...
Ruta Provincial 82, Km 38, M5507 Luján de Cuyo, Mendoza, Argentina
If you’re looking for a day of grape-free respite in Mendoza, head off-the-grid to the hot springs of Cacheuta. The Terma Spa welcomes guests with an assemblage of thermal baths overlooking the scenic Mendoza River flowing downstream from the...
- 1 Longreads A Very Big Little Country
- 2 COVID + Travel Singapore and Thailand Are Opening to U.S. Travelers—What to Know About Southeast Asia Travel
- 3 Air Travel United Just Added a Ton of New International Flights for 2022
- 4 Natural Wonders How to Watch the Orionids and Draconids Meteor Showers in October 2021
- 5 COVID + Travel We Reviewed the CDC-Approved COVID Home Tests for International Travel—Here’s What to Know