A Guide to the Douro Valley, Portugal
Collected by Afar Magazine
Explore one of Europe’s most underrated wine regions.
Douro, 3260 Figueiró dos Vinhos, Portugal
I have visited Napa and Sonoma, and have been to Tuscany, and Bordeaux, but no wine region of the world has surprised me with its beauty as much as the Douro. If your find yourself in Porto, it is well worth renting a car (or better yet, hiring a...
Rua do Choupelo, 4400-088 Vila Nova de Gaia, Portugal
It seems appropriate when visiting wine country to stay in a hotel that celebrates wine. The Yeatman, in Porto, is set in Vila Nova de Gaia, the historical headquarters of the region's famous port wine houses. The hotel has 82 rooms and suites,...
- 1 Road Trips 20 Incredible Road Trips in the U.S.
- 2 Air Travel Why Europe Air Travel Is Such a Mess Right Now
- 3 Visas + Passports Want to Get Global Entry Fast? Here’s How to Speed Up the Process
- 4 Air Travel American to Stop Flying to These 4 U.S. Cities
- 5 Cities We Love The Best Cities in the United States in 2022