A Guide to the Douro Valley, Portugal
Collected by Afar Magazine
Explore one of Europe’s most underrated wine regions.
Douro, 3260 Figueiró dos Vinhos, Portugal
I have visited Napa and Sonoma, and have been to Tuscany, and Bordeaux, but no wine region of the world has surprised me with its beauty as much as the Douro. If your find yourself in Porto, it is well worth renting a car (or better yet, hiring a...
Rua do Choupelo, 4400-088 Vila Nova de Gaia, Portugal
It seems appropriate when visiting wine country to stay in a hotel that celebrates wine. The Yeatman, in Porto, is set in Vila Nova de Gaia, the historical headquarters of the region's famous port wine houses. The hotel has 82 rooms and suites,...
- 1 Tips + News Now U.S. Citizens Won’t Need to Register to Travel to Europe Until 2023
- 2 Air Travel How Flying Semi-Private Could Save Your Sanity (Without Breaking the Bank)
- 3 Nomad Live Rent Free in a Restored “1 Euro” Sicilian Airbnb for a Year
- 4 Hotels Get Paid to Stay at Marriott Bonvoy Hotels Around the World for a Year
- 5 COVID + Travel We Reviewed the CDC-Approved COVID Home Tests for International Travel—Here’s What to Know