From a new eco resort in Mexico to a bold Scandinavian lamp, here are the things AFAR’s editors are excited about this summer.
1. ESCHER RADIANT LIGHTThe Danish label Nevvvorks debuted at this spring’s Stockholm Design Week. Its 12-sided pendant lamp by Thor Høy plays with light, color, and your mind. $775, nevvvorks.com
2. JASMINE AND FIREIn her new memoir, AFAR contributor Salma Abdelnour transports readers to the cafés of Beirut, Lebanon, as she reconnects with her former home.
3. ENDÉMICO HOTELCamping goes modern at a 99-acre retreat above Valle de Guadalupe, Mexico. Kiva fireplaces spell Baja summer. From $200, www.grupohabita.mx
4. TOULOUSE-LAUTREC MUSEUMIn Albi, France, the largest collection of the artist’s work can now be appreciated in a renovated 13th-century palace. museetoulouselautrec.net
5. PENTAX K-01 CAMERAAustralian designer Marc Newson came up with durable rubber accents and a versatile lens mount for this compact SLR hybrid. $900, pentaximaging.com
MISSONI HOME NOCEDA POUFThe brand behind Kuwait’s new design hotel unveiled a summer home collection that inspires us even when we’re not traveling. $850, missonihome.com
Clockwise from top: courtesy of Nevvvorks, courtesy of the Crown Publishing Group, courtesy of Grupo Habita, courtesy of Pentax, Lordprice Collection/Alamy. This appeared in the May/June 2012 issue.
© 2017 AFAR Media