What to Eat in Panama
Collected by Roberto Quintero , AFAR Local Expert
If you come to Panama expecting just Latino food, you’re in for a big surprise: You might find dim sum on the breakfast table, lunch with an African accent, and ceviche at dinner that was probably today’s catch.
Av Balboa s/n, Panamá, Panama
Panama City’s seafood market stands near the halfway point along the Cinta Costera, so the goodies on offer can be your reward after a long walkabout. Since colonial times, fishermen who sold the city its seafood have anchored here;...
Panama City, Panama
Above and beyond the canal experience, A&PC is a good choice in its own right for an unforgettable Panama meal. Just being able to dine as you watch vessels pass through one of the world’s most colossal engineering marvels is a treat....
Local 1 20, Vía Argentina, Panama City, Panama
Summer is the season for the Panama Micro Brew Fest, a great chance to try what the nation’s backyard brewers are serving up. Don’t worry if you can’t make it— the tasty craft beers are available year-round. Buenas Pintas (...
Ocean Mall, Avenida de la Rotonda, Panamá, Panama
Mercao owes its name to chef Francisco Castro’s grandmother, and the contemporary cuisine is inspired by his homeland’s local markets, ingredients, and culture. He loves working with acidic, fruity flavors, fresh herbs, and every...
- 1 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 2 Travel News This Bistro Was Just Voted the Best New Restaurant in the United States
- 3 Travel News Tour Guides Will Soon Be Restricted at Two Popular NYC Sites
- 4 Travel Tips Temples, Tipping, and Train Rides: A Guide to Japan for First-Timers
- 5 Where to Go in Spring 10 Best Places to Travel in May