The Best Hotels in Reykjavik
Collected by AFAR Editors, AFAR Staff
Pósthússtræti 11, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland
Hotel Borg, commissioned and built by Icelandic wrestler Johannes Josefsson in the 1920s, was one of Iceland’s first high-end hotels. Almost a century on—and despite a thoroughly modern refurbishment—it still exudes an...
Laugavegur 105, 105 Reykjavík, Iceland
This buzzy hybrid offers both hostel dorms and hotel rooms in a five-story building on Reykjavik’s main drag, Laugavegur. The lower floors contain the hostel, while the top floor has hotel-style rooms, all of which were designed by...
Suðurlandsbraut 2, 108 Reykjavík, Iceland
Despite a location slightly outside Reykjavik’s center, the Hilton Nordica is one of the city’s most popular hotels. Much of this is thanks to the high levels of service and comfort and the modern, Scandinavian-style interior. The...
Hverfisgata 10, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland
Set in a fairly austere five-story concrete building on Hverfisgata, it would be easy to dismiss the 101 Hotel as merely a functional hotel option. Stepping inside, however, guests discover an ultra-modern boutique hotel whose minimal...
- 1History + CultureThe Tea Capital of Europe Isn’t Where You Think It Is
- 2Tech6 Awesome Hiking Apps for Adventurous Travelers
- 3Air TravelMiniature Horses Are Allowed on Board Southwest Airlines, per New Policy
- 4Gear8 New Books You Need to Read Before Flying to France
- 5History + CultureIntimate Portraits of Women Who Live as Men in Remote Albania