The Best Hotels in Reykjavik
Collected by AFAR Editors , AFAR Staff
Pósthússtræti 11, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland
Commissioned and built by Icelandic wrestler Johannes Josefsson in the 1920s, Hotel Borg was one ofIceland’s first high-end hotels. Almost a century on—and despite a thoroughly modern refurbishment—it still exudes an atmosphere of old-world...
Laugavegur 105, 105 Reykjavík, Iceland
Nicer than your average hostel, cooler than the typical chain hotel—this buzzy hybrid offers hostel-style dorms and more traditional accommodations in a 1930s Art Deco building on Reykjavik’s main drag. Designed by hotelier-owner Klaus Ortlieb (of...
Suðurlandsbraut 2, 108 Reykjavík, Iceland
Despite being located just outside Reykjavik’s main center, the Hilton Nordica maintains its popularity thanks to its superb service and welcoming Scandi-mod interiors. Though workingtravelers tend to favor the property for its many functional...
Hverfisgata 10, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland
On first glance, it would be easy to dismiss the 101 Hotel as merely a functional option. Stepping inside the austere five-story concrete building on Hverfisgata, however, guests discover an ultra-modern boutique lodging with minimal...
- 1 Tips + News Hawai‘i Issues New Rules for Vaccinated Travelers—What You Need to Know
- 2 COVID + Travel Canada to Open to Fully Vaccinated Americans on August 9
- 3 Tips + News Which European Countries Can Americans Travel To?
- 4 Tips + News These Countries Are Open to Vaccinated Travelers
- 5 Air Travel Why Airlines Keep Canceling Flights—and Will Yours Be Affected?