The Best Bars in Jamaica
Collected by AFAR Editors , AFAR Staff
On the beach, over the water, in a shack by the roadside surrounded by trees—Jamaica has some of the most atmospheric and charming bars (and people) in the world. Whether you're drinking rum, Red Stripe, or wine, belly up to these terrific Jamaican watering holes.
Norman Manley Blvd, Negril, Jamaica
Remember the oldie "Under the Boardwalk" by The Drifters? The owner of Drifters Bar, Luddy Samms, tells stories of his career with The Drifters, as well as tales of singing with Eric Clapton and Stevie Winwood and Bruce Willis....
1 Argyle Rd, Kingston, Jamaica
Start your night out in the trendy New Kingston neighborhood with dinner at Redbones. The warm wood interior is hung with photos of jazz and blues artists who have performed here. Several seating areas inside and out can suit a variety of moods....
- 1 National Parks 9 Underrated National Parks You Should Visit in 2021
- 2 Hiking + Cycling Inside the Thrilling, Slightly Terrifying World of Austrian Hut-to-Hut Hiking
- 3 Tips + News When Will We Be Able to Travel to Europe?
- 4 Tips + News Greece Will Reopen Earlier Than Expected to Vaccinated Travelers
- 5 Museums + Galleries Immersive Van Gogh Digital Art Shows Coming to Nearly 30 U.S. Cities