Incredible Architecture in Washington, D.C.
Collected by Danielle Walsh , AFAR Contributor
Our nation's capital is full of spectacular and historical design.
101 Independence Ave SE, Washington, DC 20540, USA
Established in 1800, the Library of Congress is the oldest federal institution in the United States. The library was destroyed by British troops just 14 years after its conception, and Congress used Thomas Jefferson’s collection of 6,487 volumes...
8th St NW & F St NW, Washington, DC 20001, USA
An undulating steel and glass canopy wows visitors who enter the Kogod Courtyard. Inside you'll find diners from the museum's café, tourists soaking their weary feet in the shallow fountain running across the space, and students taking...
16 E Basin Dr SW, Washington, DC 20242, USA
Every spring, usually from late March to early April, Washington is blanketed in a sea of pink and white blossoms that herald the arrival of springtime and the start of prime sightseeing season. The National Cherry Blossom Festival commemorates...
First St SE, Washington, DC 20004, USA
The U.S. Capitol Building is the epicenter of all D.C. political action—this is where the country's most important battles are fought. Home to the House of Representatives and the Senate's meeting chambers for more than two centuries, it's...
- 1 Road Trips 20 Incredible Road Trips in the U.S.
- 2 Visas + Passports Want to Get Global Entry Fast? Here’s How to Speed Up the Process
- 3 Air Travel American to Stop Flying to These 4 U.S. Cities
- 4 Air Travel Summer Is off to a Rocky Start as Airlines Cancel Thousands of Flights
- 5 Visas + Passports You’ll Need a Visa to Enter Japan Now