Highlights of Albania
Collected by Andrea Anastasakis
Some of the most beautiful and interesting destinations and sights in Albania.
Hikers and climbers are just beginning to discover the Albanian Alps. A (wide) dirt road leads up from the valley to Valbona but the government is planning to pave it, which will bring untold numbers of daytrippers to this pristine place. For now,...
Koman, SH25, 4013, Albania
It takes about 3 hours to cross from Komani, a concrete pier with a restaurant, to Fierza, at the other hand of the manmade lake. The few ferries that cross the lake are old, rusted, and serve as local transport for everything from motorcycles...
Gjirokastra's Ottoman old town with its grey slate roofed houses is beautiful, especially from the top of the city's citadel. The citadel or Gjirokastra Castle as it's called, is now a museum well worth visiting to see the United States Air Force...
Bulevardi Dëshmorët e Kombit, Tiranë, Albania
One of the most popular activities for tourists and locals alike is to climb Tirana's abandoned Pyramid. It's quite a steep climb but you'll see many people run up to the top while others climb it on their hands and knees. There is talk in Albania...
- 1 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 2 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 3 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys
- 5 Travel News New Zealand’s Most Beautiful Train Ride Is Reopening in December