Highlights of Albania
Collected by Andrea Anastasakis
Some of the most beautiful and interesting destinations and sights in Albania.
Hikers and climbers are just beginning to discover the Albanian Alps. A (wide) dirt road leads up from the valley to Valbona but the government is planning to pave it, which will bring untold numbers of daytrippers to this pristine place. For now,...
Koman, SH25, 4013, Albania
It takes about 3 hours to cross from Komani, a concrete pier with a restaurant, to Fierza, at the other hand of the manmade lake. The few ferries that cross the lake are old, rusted, and serve as local transport for everything from motorcycles...
Gjirokastra's Ottoman old town with its grey slate roofed houses is beautiful, especially from the top of the city's citadel. The citadel or Gjirokastra Castle as it's called, is now a museum well worth visiting to see the United States Air Force...
Bulevardi Dëshmorët e Kombit, Tiranë, Albania
One of the most popular activities for tourists and locals alike is to climb Tirana's abandoned Pyramid. It's quite a steep climb but you'll see many people run up to the top while others climb it on their hands and knees. There is talk in Albania...
- 1 History + Culture Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Travel News A Rare Super Blood Wolf Moon Will Be Visible Over America This Weekend
- 4 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 5 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico