Day Trips from Xi'an
Collected by Emily Chu , AFAR Local Expert
Xi'an, Shaanxi, China
Want to know more about Taoism? About 70km west of Xi'an, in Tayu Village, is the Louguantai Temple, where it's said that Lao Tze, the founder of Taoism, wrote the Tao Te Ching and set the fundamentals for the religion. Built over two thousand...
Lintong, Xi'an, Shaanxi, China
The story of the Emperor Qin reads something like Game of Thrones, with hostages, feuding brothers, wars, and the ultimate unification and creation of what we know as China today. Wanting to protect himself in the afterlife, Emperor Qin created an...
155 Banpo Rd, Baqiao Qu, Xian Shi, Shaanxi Sheng, China, 710038
The Xi'an Banpo Museum preserves artifacts excavated from the neolithic site of Banpo, settled 5,600 to 6,700 years ago. The museum provides access to the excavated buildings and has several houses reconstructed in the style of the prehistoric...
- 1 Road Trips 20 Incredible Road Trips in the U.S.
- 2 Air Travel Why Europe Air Travel Is Such a Mess Right Now
- 3 Air Travel United to Cut 50 Domestic Flights per Day at a Major U.S. Airport
- 4 Beaches Italy Issues New Rules for Driving the Amalfi Coast
- 5 Air Travel Air Travel Is Chaos Right Now—You Can Salvage Your Summer Flight Plans With These Pro Tips