A Guide to San Francisco's Sunset District
Collected by Afar Magazine
Far from the Painted Ladies or the bustle of Chinatown, the Ocean-side Sunset district offers community, rich craftsmanship, and damn good coffee.
3876 Noriega St, San Francisco, CA 94122, USA
This bakery just opened across the street from Woodshop. It’s a godsend. It’s been rough finding good coffee out here, but they serve Blue Bottle Coffee and breakfast sandwiches on house-baked biscuits.”
4035 Judah St, San Francisco, CA 94122, USA
An artist and an architect curate a cool mix of practical things here. You’ll find books on furniture and design, and interesting items like wooden radios and pencil sets. Lots of it is handmade. The store also sells chairs and tables that Luke...
4001 Judah St, San Francisco, CA 94122, USA
Outerlands is an Outer Sunset institution. The small restaurant near Ocean Beach serves local, organic cuisine in a rustic-chic setting. Covered floor-to-ceiling in warm, rough-hewn wood, the interior invites lingering over an artisan cocktail or...
4500 Irving St, San Francisco, CA 94122, USA
Mollusk is a neighborhood surf shop that sells clothing and great boards. They carry my surfboards and handplanes [for body surfing]. They occasionally host art shows and live music. The shop is sort of like the cornerstone of the Sunset. 4500...
- 1 Tips + News CDC Approves At-Home COVID Tests for International Travel
- 2 Tips + News Italy Is Reopening to Travelers—Here’s Everything You Need to Know
- 3 Tips + News Italy Is Now Open to All U.S. Leisure Travelers on COVID-Tested Flights
- 4 Tips + News When Will We Be Able to Travel to Europe?
- 5 Tips + News These Countries Are Open to Vaccinated Travelers