10 Reasons to Take a Nevis Day Trip
Collected by Bob Curley , AFAR Local Expert
Just a short ferry ride away, St. Kitts’ sister island is perfect for a day trip to climb Nevis Peak, sip a Killer Bee at Sunshine’s Beach Bar, or visit the birthplace of U.S. founding father Alexander Hamilton.
Pinney's Beach, Charlestown, St Kitts & Nevis
It’s hard to overstate the importance of this luxury resort on Pinney’s Beach. Not only did it help put Nevis on the tourism map when it opened in 1991, but it also remains the largest employer on the island. The best way to arrive is...
Lovers Beach, St Kitts & Nevis
This small, undeveloped beach with views to St. Kitts is for couples, not kids. Located down a short path from the highway, the beach has an unspoken rule to come back later if you see another car parked on the shoulder—sort of the...
The ancestral home of Fanny Nisbet, who married British war hero Admiral Horatio Nelson, this former plantation is now a luxury resort, popular with luminaries from Great Britain and around the world. The plantation house, which was built in 1778,...
- 1 Longreads A Very Big Little Country
- 2 Air Travel Southwest Canceled One-Third of Its Flights This Weekend—What Went Wrong?
- 3 COVID + Travel Should I Get a COVID-19 Booster Before I Travel?
- 4 Air Travel United Just Added a Ton of New International Flights for 2022
- 5 COVID + Travel We Reviewed the CDC-Approved COVID Home Tests for International Travel—Here’s What to Know