For one day only—April 20, 2022—13 ecofriendly brands are coming together for a flash sale on some of AFAR’s favorite travel gear with savings from 10 percent up to 40 percent off. While the discounts differ from brand to brand, these participating companies all have one thing in common: They’re all Climate Neutral Certified.
To be certified, the nonprofit organization Climate Neutral helps brands eliminate their carbon emissions through a three-step process:
- Measure all carbon emissions from making and delivering products and services to customers.
- Offset that entire carbon footprint by purchasing carbon credits through a mix of projects, like reforestation or renewable energy.
- Reduce future emissions by developing and implementing plans.
Of course, the most sustainable option is to use what you already own or buy gently-used secondhand products. But when you do need something new, it’s best to shop brands committed to sustainability like the 269 brands that are currently Climate Neutral Certified. During the Better With Friends sale, you can use the code “FRIENDS” to save across each of the following 13 brand’s websites:
- Sunski sunglasses—40 percent off the Full Send collection
- Cotopaxi travel bags and outdoor clothing—Spend $100 and get a free MiiR Llama 20-oz. Wide Mouth Bottle worth $30
- Klean Kanteen reusable drinkware and food storage—25 percent off
- Chico Bag travel bags—25 percent off
- LifeStraw water filters and purifiers—25 percent off all outdoor and emergency products
- Ombraz armless sunglasses—25 percent off
- Rumpl travel blankets and towels—25 percent off select products with code (excluding RAD Artist Prints, collaborations, and third-party products)
- To-Go Ware reusable utensils and food storage—25 percent off
- BioLite camping stoves, lighting, and more—20 percent off
- Kammok camping hammocks—20 percent off Roo Single Hammocks
- Western Rise men’s clothing—20 percent off
- Ibex merino wool clothing—10 percent off
- JuneShine canned cocktails—10 percent off
Read on for some of AFAR’s favorite products from these brands:
Klean Kanteen TKWide
Buy now: $25 (was $33) with code “FRIENDS”, kleankanteen.com
One of AFAR’s favorite travel water bottles, this BPA-free, food-grade stainless steel bottle is insulated, keeping contents hot for up to 14 hours or iced up to 47 hours. It’s also treated with Klean Kanteen’s proprietary, chip-resistant Klean Coat finish and backed by the brand’s lifetime “Strong as Steel” guarantee.
Rumpl NanoLoft Travel Blanket
Buy now: $74 (was $99) with code “FRIENDS”, rumpl.com
The Rumpl NanoLoft Travel Blanket is the closest you can get to bringing a sleeping bag on an airplane—minus the bulk. When stuffed into its included carry sack, the puffy blanket is the size of a Nalgene water bottle and weighs only 0.7 pound. That’s less than two apples, for you serious airplane snackers.
Cotopaxi Allpa 35L Travel Pack
Buy now: $200 (get a free MiiR Llama 20-oz. Wide Mouth Bottle worth $30 with code “FRIENDS”), cotopaxi.com
One of AFAR’s favorite weekend bags, the Cotopaxi Allpa 35L Travel Pack is a carry-on, duffel, and backpack all in one and has zippered compartments for laptops, passports, clothes, and keys. Did we also mention it’s waterproof?
BioLite CampStove 2+
Buy now: $120 (was $150) with code “FRIENDS”, bioliteenergy.com
You can save $30 on the BioLite CampStove 2+, which is on AFAR’s list of car camping essentials. The lightweight camp stove converts the exhaust from a wood fire into electricity so you can recharge your phone while you boil water for your coffee in the morning.