NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE OF ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE OFFERED BY THE SPONSOR OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT IMPROVE CHANCES OF WINNING.
The following are the official rules for the “AFAR Advisor Survey” ("Contest"):
- Sponsor: AFAR Media, LLC, 130 Battery Street, 6th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94111.
- Eligibility: Entrants must be individual persons, and not entities, businesses, or organizations. The Contest is only open to legal residents living (and located at the time of entry) in the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, who are at least 18 years old at the time of entry. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Sponsor, their respective advertising, promotional, and other agencies, and their immediate families (parent, sibling, child, and spouse of any of the foregoing) and those living in their immediate households, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter the Contest or to win a prize.
- Entry Period: The Contest will start at 12:00:01 a.m. Pacific Time on September 23rd, 2019 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. Pacific Time on November 30th, 2019 (the “Contest Period”). Sponsor reserves the right to extend or shorten the duration of the Entry Period. Sponsor is the official timekeeper for this Contest. Entries received before or after the Entry Period will not be considered unless an early entry is resubmitted during the Entry Period.
- How to Enter: The Contest is offered electronically via the Internet. Entrants will receive one entry for completion of each survey during the Contest Period. Completion of Design Insights Forum surveys is not required to enter the Contest. Entrants may enter the Contest by using the alternative means of Contest entry set out in in item 5. Entrants may win only one prize. See paragraph 7 below for details.
- No Purchase Necessary to Enter or Win - Alternate Means of Contest Entry: Entrants may receive one entry by legibly printing the Entrant’s name, street address, city, province, postal code, telephone number, complete email address, on a 3 x 5 inch (or 7.5 x 12.5 cm) piece of paper and mailing it to AFAR Advisor Survey Contest, c/o AFAR Media, 130 Battery Street, 6th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94111. All entries become the exclusive property of AFAR Media and will not be acknowledged or returned.
- Right to Use Name: By submitting an entry, you hereby irrevocably consent to the display and other use by Sponsor of your name, for any purposes directly or indirectly related to the Contest, and in any format or medium now existing or later developed. You hereby waive any and all rights of publicity and rights of privacy associated with such use of your name in identifying you as a winner. The rights granted under this paragraph are without compensation or notification to you of any kind, except as required by law.
- Prizes: There will be a special drawing for one (1) $200 American Express Gift Card. All Prizes will be awarded in US dollars.
- Selection of Winner. Potential winner(s) will be notified by email within fourteen (14) days of the drawing and must claim their prize by email within 14 days of that notification by replying to the email notification. Sponsor may contact winner(s) to provide a postal address if applicable. To be eligible to receive a prize, all Entrants must have an email on file with the Sponsor or have provided an email when prompted at the time of entry. If an Entrant has an incomplete email, the Entrant will be disqualified, and an alternate prize winner will be selected in a random drawing. The prize will be emailed within 14 days of receipt of the winner’s claim. Sponsor is not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify winner. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the email account.
- General Conditions. By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to abide by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which will be final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Contest. Should there be a dispute regarding who may have submitted an entry, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized entrant at the time the entry was made. By participating in the Contest, you release, acquit, and forever discharge Sponsor and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, directors, employees, agents, successors and assigns (collectively, the "Released Parties") from any and all manner of action or actions, suits, claims, damages, judgments, levies and executions, whether known or unknown, liquidated or unliquidated, fixed, contingent, direct or indirect, which an entrant and his or her successors and assigns ever had, has, or may have, or claim to have against the Released Parties, for, upon, or by reason of any matter, act, or thing relating to the Contest. Sponsor may modify, suspend, or terminate the Contest at any time, and for any reason that it may determine in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entrant, and remove such entrant from the Contest, who tampers with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or who acts in violation of these Official Rules. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE GIVEAWAY MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Privacy Policies. In addition to the name usage rights described in these Official Rules, by entering the Contest, you agree and consent that any information provided upon entering may be used by the Sponsor in accordance with their respective Privacy Policies.
- Disputes/Choice of Law. You agree that the Contest shall be governed by the laws of the State of California and: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Contest shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by state or federal courts situated in San Francisco, California; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys' fees; (3) no punitive, incidental, special, consequential or other damages, including without limitation lost profits may be awarded (collectively, "Special Damages"); and (4) you hereby waive all rights to claim Special Damages. Under no circumstances shall Sponsor’s aggregate liability to any entrant of the Contest exceed One Dollar ($1.00).
- Winner’s Name. To request the name of the winner, send a self-addressed postage-stamped envelope the attention of AFAR Advisor Survey Contest, 130 Battery Street, 6th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94111. Requests must be received no later than November 15, 2019.