The Best Outdoor Activities in St. Kitts
Collected by Bob Curley , AFAR Local Expert
From scuba-diving through shipwrecks to summiting Mount Liamuiga, St. Kitts offers plenty of outdoor fun both on and off the water. Try your hand at flyboarding, zip-line through the rainforest, or ride a dune buggy on the beach for the perfect island day.
Princes Street, Box 1228, Basseterre, St Kitts & Nevis
When in the Caribbean, you’d be remiss to head home without getting on the water, even if just for a lazy sail. Blue Water Safaris offers boat tours and private charters, with options ranging from half-day cruises along the coast and...
South Friars Bay, St Kitts & Nevis
For a thrilling way to explore St. Kitts, get behind the wheel of a 4x4 dune buggy and follow Kittitian guide Oto on a tour of the island. Your journey will start on the sands of South Friar’s Bay and continue down dirt paths and hidden roads into...
Mount Liamuiga, St Kitts & Nevis
Standing at 3,793 feet, this towering, verdant peak is the island’s highest point. The dormant volcano is covered mostly in rain forest and capped with a cloud forest, making it ideal for a beautiful hike. The climb is an arduous one,...
Unnamed Road, Old Road Town, St Kitts & Nevis
Some zip line parks are one-and-done—you arrive, sit for orientation, take a single (if exhilarating) ride, and get back in the car. Not so at Sky Safari, located at St. Kitts’ Wingfield Estate. Here, you start with a training run on a...
- 1 Air Travel These Airlines Still Require Masks Onboard
- 2 COVID + Travel CDC Now Recommends COVID Testing for All Domestic Travel
- 3 Hotels For 30 Hours, Graduate Hotels Is Offering Rooms for $30 per Night
- 4 Air Travel Southwest Sale Includes Hawai‘i and Puerto Rico Flights From $45 Each Way
- 5 COVID + Travel What Happens if You Get COVID While Traveling Abroad? Let Me Tell You—It Happened to Me