Church of Agios Therapon The Church of Agios Therapon is easily recognized all over Mitilíni thanks to its large domed roof. It was designed by local architect Argyris Adalis and erected in 1935. The church is unusual for blending several different architectural styles, including Baroque, Rococo, neoclassical and Gothic. A local painter and sculptor named Nikolaous Kesanlis created the elaborate exterior decoration. There is no admission fee and visitors are free to wander around inside, but donations are always welcome.