Once you experience Tahiti’s shimmering teal waters and vibrant landscapes, you’ll understand why French Impressionist painter Paul Gaugin found inspiration here. Now it’s easier than ever to discover the same magic: With United Airlines’ new year-round, nonstop service to Papeete, Tahiti from San Francisco, your beach towel (or easel) is just eight-and-a-half hours away.
This flight is just one piece of a huge route expansion for the airline, all with the goal of making travelers’ lives easier. By offering more flights—and more routes with nonstops—United gets you there faster and more efficiently. Its broader global network of nearly 360 destinations in 49 countries means more choices when it comes to deciding where you want to go, and its new nonstop flights give you more time to enjoy the experience when you arrive.
Here are some of the exciting new routes United is offering.
- Naples, Italy: The only nonstop flight from North America to Naples, this summertime expansion from New York/Newark means less time in the air on your way to explore the trapped-in-time town of Pompei, relax on the island of Capri, and enjoy plenty of Neopolitan pizza.
- Prague, Czech Republic: This newly added daily nonstop from New York/Newark transports you to one of the most charming medieval cities in Europe overnight. You’ll land in time for breakfast, and in another era: Prague is known for its stunning gothic and baroque architecture (as well as some of the continent’s best beer).
- Amsterdam, Netherlands: Now the only U.S. airline to offer nonstop flights from San Francisco to Amsterdam, United also has nonstop service here from Chicago, Houston, New York/Newark, and Washington, D.C. In no time at all, you can be tip-toeing through the tulips, cruising the city’s canals, and biking to see Anne Frank’s house with a stroopwafel in hand.
- Nice, France: French Riviera, anyone? On May 2, 2020—just in time for summer—United will offer daily nonstops between New York/Newark and this charming city that’s the gateway to the magical coast.
- Palermo, Italy: Savoring the street food of Sicily—and checking out the Mt. Etna volcano—will be easier next summer, thanks to United’s seasonal nonstop service between the U.S. and Palermo. It’ll be United’s fifth Italian destination—the most of any U.S. airline.
- New Delhi and Mumbai, India: United resumed its nonstop service from New York/Newark to Mumbai and New Delhi in July, making it easier for travelers to get to India’s two largest cities more quickly. There’s also a newly added seasonal nonstop flight from San Francisco to New Delhi starting in December. Now you’ll have more time to enjoy India’s culture and cuisine—like a Bollywood movie followed by a delicious selection of street-vendor chaat (snacks).
- Seoul, South Korea: A second daily flight from San Francisco, flying four times weekly, offers more time and itinerary options, plus connections to 80-plus destinations. Explore history at the Royal Tombs of the Joseon Dynasty; see both traditional Korean art and cutting-edge contemporary art at the Leeum, Samsung Museum of Art; and sample authentic kimchi.
- Hong Kong, China: Starting in October, United will be offering a second daily nonstop flight between San Francisco to Hong Kong, giving customers more flexibility with the choice of midday or late-night departures from both airports. This way, you can take the tram to famed Victoria Peak overlooking the city; visit the island’s oldest and most well-known temple, Man Mo; stop at a tea house for dim sum; and still make the last flight of the day.
Africa and Oceania
- Cape Town, South Africa: In December, United will begin offering nonstop seasonal service from New York/Newark to Cape Town, decreasing flying time by more than four hours, with flights three times a week. Because our winter is their summer, you can pack light to see the city’s famous Table Mountain and visit the penguins at Boulder Beach.
- Auckland, New Zealand; Papeete, Tahiti; and Melbourne, Australia: Beginning in March, 2020, United will extend service from San Francisco to these three destinations to be year-round. Pick a time—any time—to relax on Tahiti’s beaches, check out Melbourne’s hot culinary scene, or sample New Zealand wines at the source.
U.S.A. & the Caribbean United is also expanding service at home, with 22 new domestic routes added in 2019 to make key destinations easier to reach. Besides new routes for business stops like Detroit, St Louis, Omaha, Richmond, and Kansas City, Missouri, you’ll find increased service to these tempting leisure destinations.
- Hilton Head Island, South Carolina: United is now offering nonstop service to Hilton Head from Chicago, New York/Newark, and Washington, D.C., for quick escapes to this Lowcountry resort town known for its sandy beaches.
- Pensacola, Florida: United offers the only nonstop service here from New York/Newark, which means you can easily beachcomb any weekend you like.
- Anchorage, Alaska: United flies the only nonstop from New York/Newark to Anchorage, so you can start fly fishing that much faster!
- Curaçao: This gorgeous Dutch island in the Caribbean makes for an ideal winter getaway. Starting December 7, United is adding the idyllic location—its 21st Caribbean island destination—to its routes, with service from New York/Newark.
See where your next nonstop trip will take you—explore and book now at United.com.