The Best Hotels in Munich
Bavaria's capital may best be known for Oktoberfest, but it offers more than good beer. To experience Munich in style, book a stay at Bayerischer Hof. This five-star 19th-century hotel, commissioned by King Ludwig I, commands an imposing position on Munich’s Promenadeplatz. The Mandarin Oriental Munich puts visitors in striking distance of the Bavarian Opera House, the Marienplatz, and the Maximilianstrasse. For fancy digs close to Oktoberfest action, stay at the Sofitel Munich Bayerpost.
- 1ScottsdaleSlideshowA Perfect Day’s Adventures in Scottsdale Sponsored by Experience Scottsdale
- 2TrendsArticleMeet the Woman Who Went in Search of “the Good Death”
- 3Festivals + EventsArticleThe Halloween Capital of the World Isn’t What You Think It Is
- 4ArtArticleA Look at Ai Weiwei’s Takeover of New York City’s Public Spaces
- 5PeopleArticleCoolest Travel Jobs: What It’s Like to Be a Professional Ghost Hunter