Five New Hyper-Local Island Experiences in the Caribbean
Collected by Sarah Buder, AFAR Staff
A Caribbean vacation used to mean staying inside the gates of a resort, feet in the sand and piña colada in hand. No longer. There’s a new world of reasons to explore farther afield.
Norman Island, British Virgin Islands
Rue Samuel Fahlberg, Gustavia, St Barthélemy
The menu at this high-end French-Japanese fusion restaurant in Gustavia runs the gamut from classic (tuna tataki, duck confit) to creative (the Kova’s Roll, made with spiny lobster and asparagus, topped with salmon and avocado). The...
1300 Ashford Ave, San Juan, 00907, Puerto Rico
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Air Travel New Aviation Bill Could Mean Even Smaller Airplane Seats
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village