Five New Hyper-Local Island Experiences in the Caribbean
Collected by Sarah Buder, AFAR Staff
A Caribbean vacation used to mean staying inside the gates of a resort, feet in the sand and piña colada in hand. No longer. There’s a new world of reasons to explore farther afield.
Norman Island, British Virgin Islands
Rue Samuel Fahlberg, Gustavia, St Barthélemy
The menu at this high-end French-Japanese fusion restaurant in Gustavia runs the gamut from classic (tuna tataki, duck confit) to creative (the Kova’s Roll, made with spiny lobster and asparagus, topped with salmon and avocado). The...
1300 Avenida Doctor Ashford, San Juan, 00907, Puerto Rico
- 1History + CultureThe Tea Capital of Europe Isn’t Where You Think It Is
- 2Hiking + Cycling6 Awesome Hiking Apps for Adventurous Travelers
- 3Gear8 New Books You Need to Read Before Flying to France
- 4History + CultureIntimate Portraits of Women Who Live as Men in Remote Albania
- 5MusicBeyond the French Quarter: Discovering New Orleans’s Downriver Delights