Where to Eat in and Around Yellowstone National Park
Collected by Dina Mishev , AFAR Local Expert
A local expert shares her favorite places to grab a meal when visiting the world's first national park.
1000 Old Faithful Rd, Yellowstone National Park, WY 82190, USA
A string quartet used to serenade diners here at the restaurant inside what is arguably the most famous inn in the entire National Park Service (and one of the largest log structures in the world). A pianist in the lobby has replaced the quartet,...
185 Scott Ln, Jackson, WY 83002, USA
Pack up a perfect picnic with the help of Sweet Cheeks Meats, localed in Jackson, Wyoming, an hour south of Yellowstone’s South Entrance. The only hard part will be waiting until you’re in Yellowstone to eat it. Sweet Cheeks,...
163 Chico Rd, Livingston, MT 59047, USA
When the Art family bought the struggling Chico Hot Springs Resort in 1972, some of the earliest improvements they made were to its dining room. The idea was to create one of the best restaurants in the state; if guests came for the...
100 Colter Bay Marina Rd, Moran, WY 83013, USA
You’ll have to pick your jaw up off the ground before you start your alfresco breakfast or dinner on Elk Island, in the middle of Jackson Lake in Grand Teton National Park. Just one mile from Elk Island (the largest island in...
- 1 Longreads A Very Big Little Country
- 2 Food + Drink 8 Best Hawker Centers in Singapore—and What to Eat There
- 3 COVID + Travel Singapore and Thailand Are Opening to U.S. Travelers—What to Know About Southeast Asia Travel
- 4 Tips + News NYC’s New Observation Deck Is Delightfully Disorienting
- 5 Natural Wonders How to Watch the Orionids and Draconids Meteor Showers in October 2021