Top Restaurants in Kenya
Collected by Harriet Constable, AFAR Local Expert
You may not expect Kenya to have a booming foodie culture for anyone but the lions, but Nairobi has some surprises in store for you. The sheer variety of options—food trucks, international cuisines, African dishes, and vegan tea shops—will keep you searching for the next thrill.
Delta Towers, Nairobi, Kenya
Nyama Mama is a fun spot in Westlands serving homey Kenyan and African cuisine. The decor is hip and funky: bright yellow sofas adorned with colorful kanga cushions, chunky metal lights, and the kitchen set within a shipping container. One of...
Ground Floor and 1st Floor, Diamond Plaza, 4th Parklands Avenue, Parklands, Nairobi, Kenya
Chowpaty, Nairobi’s best vegetarian restaurant, serves outrageously tasty dishes from across the Indian subcontinent. On arrival, customers are presented first with a small bowl of warm water to wash their hands in and then...
Parklands Rd, Nairobi, Kenya
The owners of Mama Rocks, two sisters from London with Kenyan heritage, decided to introduce the food truck revolution to Nairobi. Their pale pink truck, located most days outside the Alchemist bar in Westlands, has sent Kenyans wild...
Old Loresho Shopping Centre, Loresho Ridge, Nairobi, Kenya
This hip little café in the leafy suburb of Loresho feels comfy and welcoming, with candles flickering on the tables throughout the day and a monthly schedule of open-mic sessions for Nairobi’s budding musicians. The menu...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 4 Travel News 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 5 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys