Standout Sydney Markets
Collected by Serena Renner , AFAR Contributor
Sydney's not exactly known for bargains, but it does have tons of markets, which are often the best and cheapest places to buy food, clothing, or goods. Every neighborhood has its share. Here are some local favorites.
Corner Pyrmont Bridge Road &, Bank St, Sydney NSW 2009, Australia
245 Wilson St, Eveleigh NSW 2015, Australia
Every Saturday, more than 70 stalls fill the Eveleigh Railyards with regional produce, artisan breads, cheeses, jams, fresh coffee, and flowers. 243 Wilson St., Eveleigh, 61/(0) 2-9209-4735. This appeared in the August/September 2013 issue. Image:...
George St, The Rocks NSW 2000, Australia
The Rocks is undoubtedly one of Sydney's most beautiful areas. Follow George Street until the very end and it’s almost like you’ve stepped back in time—there are cobblestones under your feet, quaint stores to browse, and great pubs to visit. One...
Kirribilli Neighbourhood Centre Alfred Street North, Kirribilli NSW 2061, Australia
On the second Sunday of the month, this makers faire spreads through the Burton Street Tunnel and out into view of the Harbour Bridge. Stalls range from vintage clothing and discount jewelry to blown glass and handmade ceramics. Once you're done...
Locomotive St, Eveleigh NSW 2015, Australia
- 1 Air Travel These Airlines Still Require Masks Onboard
- 2 COVID + Travel CDC Now Recommends COVID Testing for All Domestic Travel
- 3 Hotels For 30 Hours, Graduate Hotels Is Offering Rooms for $30 per Night
- 4 Air Travel Southwest Sale Includes Hawai‘i and Puerto Rico Flights From $45 Each Way
- 5 COVID + Travel What Happens if You Get COVID While Traveling Abroad? Let Me Tell You—It Happened to Me