Secret Siem Reap
Some of my favorite things in Siem Reap remain something of a secret to visitors, who can often be overwhelmed by the abundance of archaeological sites, the array of tours on offer, and the bustle of the Old Market quarter and Pub Street. Some of these things are well known to locals and expats, like Siem Reap's sobering monuments to the brutal Khmer Rouge period (most tourists only associate these with Phnom Penh). Others, like private Maison Polanka, come as a surprise even to some residents.
- 1ArtArticleA Look at Ai Weiwei’s Takeover of New York City’s Public Spaces
- 2PeopleArticleCoolest Travel Jobs: What It’s Like to Be a Professional Ghost Hunter
- 3Travel TipsArticle9 Destinations Where You Can Make a Difference this Holiday Season
- 4Museums + GalleriesArticleThere’s a Museum in Vienna That’s Full of Fake Art
- 5Solo TravelArticleHow to Avoid the Dreaded Table for One on Your Next Solo Trip