The Best Hotels in Siem Reap
Collected by AFAR Editors , AFAR Staff
The gateway to the ruins of Angkor, Siem Reap draws temple tourists from around the globe. From Ta Prohm, Angkor Wat, and Banteay Srei, the temples of Angkor date back to the 12th century, if not farther back.
Wat Polanka, Heritage Rd, Krong Siem Reap 93101, Cambodia
How often does a king’s car pick you up at the airport? Arrival at Heritage Suites begins with a vintage 1962 or 1968 Mercedes—one of which used to belong to the late King Norodom Sihanouk—before you're promptly whisked off to a...
1 Vithei Charles de Gaulle Khum, Krong Siem Reap 17251, Cambodia
Opened in 1932 in the historic Royal Khmer compound, this landmark hotel was the first luxury lodging in the area, catering to well-heeled adventurers intent on visiting the storied ruins of the temples at Angkor. Everyone from Charlie Chaplin and...
Rambutan Ln, Krong Siem Reap 17259, Cambodia
Sojourn Lane,, Treak Village, Sojourn Ln, Krong Siem Reap, Cambodia
Hidden away in the lush jungle south of Siem Reap, the sleepy village of Treak is home to one of Cambodia’s best-kept secrets. In such a tourist-flooded destination, it’s easy to get swept away in the sightseeing infrastructure—both luxury and...
Krong Siem Reap, Cambodia
If you’ve come to Siem Reap, you’ve already got architectural wonders on the mind. And though you’ll spend your days learning about a 1,000-year-old civilization, a stay at Viroth's Villa allows a more recent era of Khmer creativity to be...
- 1 Air Travel United to Suspend These 7 Routes in June
- 2 COVID + Travel What Happens if You Get COVID While Traveling Abroad? Let Me Tell You—It Happened to Me
- 3 COVID + Travel We Reviewed the CDC-Approved COVID Home Tests for International Travel—Here’s What to Know
- 4 Tips + News The Euro Is at $1.05—the Lowest It’s Been in Years
- 5 People After Living, Traveling, and Learning Her Way to 100, Deborah Szekely Has Some Advice for You