7 Ways to Explore Mallorca Beyond the Beach
Collected by Afar Magazine
Experience Spain’s largest Balearic Island on a small scale, away from its beaches and Palma resorts.
Carrer de s'Horitzó, 21, 07314 Caimari, Illes Balears, Spain
Sisters Maria and Teresa Solivellas serve six-course meals based on the traditional Mallorcan/Mediterranean diet, including locally sourced fish and lamb, and seasonal vegetables. Horitzó, 21, 34/971-515-226 This appeared in the October 2014...
Ctra. Caimari-Mancor, 07313 Selva, Illes Balears, Spain
One of Mallorca’s oldest converted fincas (rural farmhouse estates), Es Castell epitomizes the eco-conscious boutique hotels that are subverting the island’s conventional tourist image. From $175. C/Binibona s/n, 34/971-875-154 This appeared in...
Gran Via, 43, 07100 Sóller, Illes Balears, Spain
At lunch, Chef Xisco Martorell offers a bargain five-course menu del día. It might include black rice risotto with squid. For wine, try the Chateau Paquita, a blend based on the region’s revived Callet grape. Gran Via, 43; 34/971-638-398 This...
- 1 Air Travel $100 off JetBlue Fares. $599 to Italy. Airlines’ Best Cyber Monday Deals
- 2 Travel Gear The Ultimate Guide to Cyber Monday Travel Deals in 2021
- 3 COVID + Travel New COVID Variant Spurs Cascade of International Travel Bans
- 4 Holiday Travel You Can Now Book the Real-Life “Home Alone” House on Airbnb
- 5 Where to Go Next 10 Best Places to Go in January