11 Must-Visit Onsen in Japan
Back when the Japanese and Europeans were still getting to know each other, one big difference between the two was that Europeans were certain that baths were very bad for you. One a month was one too many. Meanwhile, the Japanese had perfected...
Part of Shikotsu-Toya National Park, Noboribetsu Onsen is a resort town with baths fed by around 3,000 liters (793 gallons) of water from the hot spring known as Jigokudani, or Hell Valley. It earns its nickname from the impressive plumes of...
- 1 Longreads A Very Big Little Country
- 2 COVID + Travel Singapore and Thailand Are Opening to U.S. Travelers—What to Know About Southeast Asia Travel
- 3 Air Travel United Just Added a Ton of New International Flights for 2022
- 4 Natural Wonders How to Watch the Orionids and Draconids Meteor Showers in October 2021
- 5 COVID + Travel We Reviewed the CDC-Approved COVID Home Tests for International Travel—Here’s What to Know