Whether the activities you love are on land or water, Plametto Bluff provides a gorgeous setting for your enjoyment.
The South Carolina Lowcountry is beloved for its rich cultural heritage, distinctive architecture, unique and vibrant cuisine, and confluence of stunning natural landscapes—which include sea islands, tidal marshes, meandering rivers, and century-old live oak forests. It’s a place where visitors often find they want to return—not just to vacation, but to live.
Occupying a particularly beautiful part of the Lowcountry is Palmetto Bluff, a residential community set on 20,000 pristine, protected acres between Hilton Head Island and Savannah, Georgia. A luxury resort community with 32 miles of May River waterfront for boating and fishing; a dedicated nature conservancy; charming villages filled with eclectic restaurants and arts centers; and premier golf, racquet, and sporting clay facilities, Palmetto Bluff also offers 4,000 homesites, where elegant homes are built in harmony with surrounding nature. It’s an easy place to fall in love with and to want to call home.
In order to give would-be residents a deep understanding of the community, Palmetto Bluff creates custom-designed weekend itineraries for visitors, depending on their particular interests. These Experience Packages, which can be tailored to include outdoor activities, fine dining, spa services, and property tours, let guests experience Palmetto Bluff as a resident would—and see all it has to offer. Here are some of your options.
Enjoy a weekend of pleasures amid Palmetto Bluff’s sweeping 20,000-acre property, including:
- A morning stroll or a bicycle or horseback ride along some of the property’s dozens of shaded trails, amid century-old live oaks draped with Spanish moss.
- An afternoon round of sporting clays—or a fun, relaxing lesson—at the Shooting Club, where the 13 stations occupy a verdant 40-acre forest.
- An invigorating match or pro instruction session on the immaculately maintained clay tennis courts at Wilson Lawn and Racquet Club.
- A day of golf at the sweeping 18-hole Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course, whose broad, handsome fairways wind through the May River Forest alongside waterways and ponds.
Take advantage of the setting with a water-based itinerary on some of the community’s 32 miles of gorgeous Lowcountry waterfront, which could include:
- An excursion by kayak, canoe, or paddleboard through tranquil, protected waterways—where breezes ruffle the marsh grass and shorebirds wade for fish.
- An afternoon of sightseeing—or a sunset wine cruise—with family and friends aboard The Bluff’s own restored, 1913 antique motor yacht, Grace.
- Picnicking and shell collecting at low tide along the long, velvety expanse of the May River sandbar.
- Casting for largemouth bass in community’s freshwater ponds; fly-fishing for redfish in the salt marshes flats; or chartering a saltwater vessel to fish for tarpon, cobia, and sea trout.
No matter how you choose to spend your days at Palmetto Bluff, your Experience Package grants you access to the community’s most exclusive perks, such as:
- Sumptuous accommodations at Montage Palmetto Bluff, ranging from deluxe rooms, suites, and cottages to vacation homes with shade porches, wraparound verandas, and working fireplaces.
- Guided tours of available residential homes and homesites that provide an intimate look at Palmetto Bluff’s idyllic lifestyle.
- A collection of eclectic restaurants, cafes, and lounges serving up delectable Lowcountry cuisine and libations.
- Relaxing wellness and beauty treatments at the community’s decadent spa.
Come see Palmetto Bluff for yourself. Book your custom Experience Package today!