The Best of Hokkaido
Near Kushiro’s railway station, this flopping-fresh fish market is the place to stop for a delicious sushi or sashimi lunch. Vendors hawk everything from sea urchins, tuna belly (otoro) and enormous Hokkaido crabs to whelk and whale meat. A...
Part of the Sapporo Beer Museum, this pleasant beer garden is worth carving out some time for. As well as being able to taste the famous brew in a beer-hall setting, you can cook your own lunch—usually lamb or vegetables or...
Some of Japan's best whiskey—and the Japanese take this drink almost as seriously as the Scots do—comes from Yoichi Nikka Whisky Distillery, just outside Otaru. The distillery was built in 1934, after Taketsuru Masataka came back to...
- 1 Tips + News Can I Travel Once I’m Vaccinated?
- 2 Cities We Love The World’s 25 Best Cities of 2021
- 3 Natural Wonders Even Volcanologists Are in Awe of Mount Etna’s Latest Eruptions
- 4 Tips + News Does Biden Plan to Implement Domestic Travel Restrictions?
- 5 Cruise These Cruises Are Requiring COVID Vaccinations for All Guests