Celebrating Christmas in Belgium
Collected by Adriana Yampey , AFAR Local Expert
Christmas is the perfect reason to visit Belgium. Every year, both big and small cities get transformed in winter wonderlands that offer visitors great shopping, great food and a good time.
Rue du Parc 2, 4577 Modave, Belgium
The Chateau is gorgeous at any time of the year but at Christmas time it's extra special as each room gets decorated with Christmas trees and beautiful ornaments. We went this past Christmas and I loved it. I cannot wait for next Christmas!
I've been to Gent so many times and I've never had the chance to go up in the 91m Belfry of Gent. Entry price is only five euro. Now was the perfect time as people visiting are more interested with the Christmas market happening at the foot of the...
I have no comparison to other years, as I have not been before, but this year, the Christmas market in Gent is outstanding. The weather has been very kind so going there, although cold, was a real pleasure. Seeing this magnificent town all dressed...
I have been very impressed with Mechelen. The Grote Markt is dominated by beautiful architecture and especially by St. Rumbold's Cathedral with it's 97m tall tower, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. There is a fee for the tower but brace yourself for...
- 1 Museums + Galleries Immersive Van Gogh Digital Art Shows Coming to 13 U.S. Cities
- 2 Trains Private Rooms on Amtrak’s Auto Train Are Just $109 Right Now
- 3 Tips + News Can I Travel Once I’m Vaccinated?
- 4 Tips + News Europe Could Have COVID-19 Vaccine Passports by Summer
- 5 Tips + News When Will We Be Able to Travel to Europe?