Situated on Toompea Hill in central Tallinn, the Toompea Castle has served both as a defensive stronghold and governmental building since the 9th century. The walls were built in the 13th century while later, when the city was part of the Russian Empire, a Neoclassical and Baroque wing was added. The castle served as the country's parliament building following Estonia’s declaration of independence in 1918 and again in 1989 after the dissolution of the Soviet Union.
Lossi plats 1a, 15165 Tallinn, Estonia
+372 631 6331